Safety is Always Smart
Candles are completely safe to enjoy but should be used with care and attention so that they do not lead to an accidental fire or injury. We urge consumers to be careful when burning candles and recommend the following rules below for burning candles safely. Each candle includes lighting and care instructions on the bottom label.
We've also included a few tips to maximize burn time and enjoyment from your candle.
For Maximum Enjoyment
- Trim candlewicks to ¼ inch each time before burning.
- For the initial lighting allow the candle to create a full and even burn pool across the entire candle.
- For subsequent lightings our recommended burn time is 3 to 4 hours max.
- Do not leave a burning candle unattended.
- Never burn a candle on or near anything that can catch fire.
- Keep candles out of the reach of small children and pets.
- Burn candle on a heat-resistant surface.
- Keep the wax pool free of wick trimmings, matches and debris at all times.
- Keep burning candles away from drafts, vents and ceiling fans to minimize smoking or a wick blowing out causing the candle to burn unevenly.
- Always burn candles in a room with ventilation.
- Never touch a burning candle or move a candle when the wax is liquid.
- Never extinguish candles with water.
- Make sure a candle is completely extinguished and the wick ember is no longer glowing before leaving the room.
- Manufacturer is not responsible for product misuse.
Sharing our Knowledge
We are committed not only to bringing you the best-made candle we can produce but also the healthiest for the environment and, most importantly, our bodies. Our candles are made from eco-friendly soy wax and fragrance oils that are vetted to be phthalate-free.